HCA Nurses Lead at all Levels of the HCA Enterprise
Whether it's care at the bedside or in the boardroom - teamwork is a term we use a lot as HCA nurses. Teamwork is essential to executing an effective plan of care for an individual patient. It is essential to executing a successful process improvement effort in a department. And, teamwork is essential to executing an effective clinical strategy across an organization like HCA.
Leading the Way:
- Nursing practice is at the heart of patient care in HCA hospitals, surgery centers, and urgent care centers.
- Nursing practice at HCA is focused on providing care that is both compassionate and based on the latest research.
- Innovative nursing roles are emerging in traditional sites of care and in new sites of care such as transfer centers, call centers, and navigation programs.
- Roles for Advanced Practice Registered Nurses are expanding in all sites of care.
- Nursing leaders at HCA are members of the executive team, providing leadership to all patient care activities.
Here at HCA, we believe excellent nursing care is a key strategy for our entire organization. Our aim is to be known to patients, families and physicians as a family of facilities that provide exemplary care and deliver excellent outcomes.
The HCA CNO Council
The CNO Council consists of a Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) from each of HCA's 14 regional divisions. The CNO Council provides guidance and input into corporate decisions related to patient care, including operational issues and human resource issues. The CNO Council supports harmonizing and coordinating clinical initiatives across levels of the organization.
Each CNO Council member provides regional leadership for corporate initiatives and serves as a communication link to the Division CNO Council. Every hospital CNO is a member of a Division CNO Council.
This is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA!